Monday, March 14, 2011

Last Chance to Get Involved with "Just Add Ink"

Apologies, I was supposed to post this information much, much earlier.

In any case, the planning for Just Add Ink -- this summer's Altered Esthetics gallery show about comics & cooking -- is ramping up, and the next meeting happens tomorrow night.

WHERE: Psycho Suzi's
TIME: 9pm
WHO: Anyone who wants to be involved in this year's comic art show at Altered Esthetics

If you'd like to be a part of the process, please show up, as this will be the meeting where we nail down who's doing what over the next several months. If you're planning on coming, please read through the agenda carefully and try to think about binding options for the eventual cookbook we'll be producing. At the last meeting we had a pretty lively discussion about how to produce the book, like:
- How to bind: pay for perfect binding or make spiral bound?
- Limit copies to a one-time short run, or have pdf available to do print on demand?
- Do artists print their own pages, or do they send in digital art and AE takes care of printing?
- What size?
- How many pages will we accept?

Anyway, that's just one aspect of the show we need to figure out. Here's the rest of the agenda, from Jamie:

Hello All,

Just a reminder that we’ve got a meeting scheduled for tomorrow, 9:00pm, Psycho Suzi’s.

Preliminary Agenda
Decide roles
Decide on how submissions will work (Maybe a “Plan A” and “Plan B” depending on funding)
Talk about print processes and options (bring budgets and figures if you have any)
Website stuffs

Tuesday March 15th, 9:00pm – Psycho Suzi’s.

Action Items (from last meeting)
Everybody to look into the cost of printing various types of pages and books. (binders, etc.)
We can bring this information with us to the next meeting to make an educated decision.
Everybody think about roles and how you want to be involved.
Jamie to draft sponsorship level and create spreadsheet for sharing
Jamie will bring a few budget drafts to the next meeting
Danno to bake us all a cake

Some things to establish:
Submission guidelines
“Mini-grants” guidelines and budget (and checklist for Ae staff)
Distribution guidelines (This came up last time. 1 book per artist? Or 1 book per entry?)
What will go on the preliminary site (and who is creating it?)

Looking forward to seeing all of you tomorrow!

No comments: