Yep, this is exactly what it looks like. Two slabs of highly polished solid maple hinged together. Two insets dug out of the top to store a notebook and writing utensils. I doubt I'd use something like this, but I would have killed for it in high school, when writing poetry and short stories was an act of rebellion.
Check out these sweet features:
- The heavy bottom slab is a great board for any purpose. You can't gut a fish on an electric laptop!
- The insets are lined with the same high quality green felt used to cover pool tables.
- Bottom-heavy so the thing doesn't tip over.
- Elastic straps to keep your stuff in. The only thing spilling out of this laptop are your ideas!
- Unlike the MacBook Pro, the Luddite Laptop won't burn your thighs .. unless it catches on fire!
- Like Dell laptops, the Luddite Laptop can easily catch on fire.
So, you want to invent it? Already know about something just like it? Got a reason why it would never work? Got some suggestions? Got your own "I Wish Someone Would Invent..."? See you in the comments!