Pages

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wizard World Chicago

Zander and Kevin will be at Wizard World Chicago this weekend. I'm not going to make it, we've got some tight deadlines on a few animation jobs. Look for the Cannon-Not-Bros in Artist's Alley. They'll have original pages from Bone Sharps, Cowboys, and Thunder Lizards for sale, as well as a ton of art from Smax, Top Ten, and The Replacement God. Ask to see the Uncegila pages, they're pretta'. I'm bummed to miss it, partly because it's a big con, but mostly because I've been dreaming about the delicious chicken dinner that Donn Ha hgs been promising to make in our honor.

I'll be driving with them as far as Eau Claire, Wisconsin to see the progress of Action City and to take photos of areas we need to design. I talked to Mark on the phone this morning; he says that the outer walls are up, the center fire wall is up, and the climbing wall is in. They've also got go-carts and a kiosk up in the shopping mall.

Thanks to King Mini, we have storyboards for the J. Otto Seibold project done. Fun! We're also kicking into high gear on the Space Junk comic for NOAA. The Government has given us a solid press deadline and we're not going to mess around with them.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Attic guys! Great to hear what you're doing in detail. It seems that you are in great demand!

Brandy said...

I'll see Z and K on Friday! Have a safe trip to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

You're gonna love my chicken! Tomorrow morning the parts will be soaking in a buttermilk bath with a wee touch of hot sauce. Jeff Moy and Gene will also be there. I wish I had people to cook for every day.

Anonymous said...

Have K & Z bring you home a doggie bag. What did Z name the silver whiz machine?

Anonymous said...

I don't know that the chicken will survive until Monday Mrs. Shad's Mom. It's at the peak of flavor about 10 minutes out of the fryer. Next time I'm up Minnesota way I'll bring my secret spice bottle with me and fry him some up fresh.

Shad said...

I heard the dinner turned out great.

I had cold pizza at two different places. Both tasty.

Anonymous said...

Well, so much for the chicken idea, but anytime you want to cook for someone Donn Ha, come visit me in Germany. I'm going to be cooking up a bunch of pasties while in Minnesota, come vist!

Anonymous said...

Shad I really wish you could have been there! I had the most fun at the con when Kevin, Zander and myself were just lounging around acting silly at the hotel and various dinners. I miss yous guys already, four days is never enough time to hang with 2/3's of BTA!

Now what I want to know is where I can find one of those super-neato-cool jump suit/mechanic overalls...

Nik

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I WANTED to go. We could have taken a drive up to Quimby's together.

...just a short trip.