Pages

Monday, February 20, 2006

Time for bed ... or is it?

It's time once again for a "Webisode" of Waaayyy Fun! or WOW-fun for short.

I think I may have been trying to cram too much into episode 2. But I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to it, people ... it's how my scatterbrain works. For all you fledgling cartoonists out there who observe how the storytelling style changes so very radically between strips, or sometimes panels, and are curious as to how you can match the deep complexity ... here's a little 'tip'. I find it especially useful to ink while listening to the sobering adventures of 'The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane' and change drawing instruments at both chapter breaks, and at the use of words containing the letter "B".

As for the gradients, I am sorry. There is simply no excuse.



Next week: Is Max Fired?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was listening to Edward Tulane too!!! Will he ever be rescued from the bottom of the ocean????

Unknown said...

Ooh! Ooh! "Bottom of the ocean" has a "b"! Switch to pastel sticks!

Shad said...

I may have actually said the slit throats thing but if I did it's out of context in the strip. I believe it was possibly said when taking Max to his first corporate meeting. I'll have to check with a lawyer to see if that was said or not.

Kevin Cannon said...

I think you said, "Max, if you ever grow an afro, I'll SLIT your FRO, because only Kevin's allowed to grow the fro."

"Slit" meaning: I'll give you ten bucks and a coupon for Great Clips.

Shad said...

Yes, that's how I remember it going down.

Shad said...

..and just to clear up other misrepresentations. When we hired Max we would never have let him sit in that nice chair.

Anonymous said...

don't you guys work together?
or is the vibe of the room just "too weird" to actually speak to one another?

Anonymous said...

So, is the guy with the green shoes Shad?

Kevin Cannon said...

The hardest part about working together is trying to type our blog comments while constantly high-fiving each other.

Max Konrardy said...

green shoes = shad
converse = zander
brown shoes = kevin

Never before has Big Time Attic been summarized so succinctly and so inaccurately, except for maybe that time someone pointed at our studio and shouted "accountants!"