Pages

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Zander Cannon giving a talk at the Loft Literary Center on Tuesday, March 10th!


click on image for article

This coming Tuesday (3/10/09) at 7pm, I'm going to be giving a "reading" of an excerpt of Top 10 #4, the latest issue in the new iteration of the comic book series by Gene Ha and me.  If you're wondering how one would give a reading of a comic book, that makes two of us. What I decided to do was to project the pages on a screen to allow people to read the comic themselves (as well as the layouts and script of those pages) while I give a sort of "director's commentary" there at the podium.  

The event is held at the Target Performance Hall at the Open Book building here in downtown Minnneapolis, and is free and open to the public.  Come on by!  Bring lots of questions!

The information is here:

and the Open Book building can be found here:

1011 Washington Ave S



The City Pages covered the event using some out-of-date information from our website:

3 comments:

Lewis Tuck. said...

I'll see you there!

Matt said...

I have to say that the picture of "Local Comic Artist Zander Cannon" is an incomplete description. Given the look of the picture, I think it would be more accurate if it read, "Local Comic Artist and Science Action Hero Zander Cannon... Our Prayers Are Answered."

You really do look ready to wrestle a bear.

Wish I could make it.

Unknown said...

Our friend Danno described the look as "about to punch Clint Eastwood".

Either is fine, of course.

And I wish you could make it, too.